Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Lady Celebrity + Business Idea

I will admit to being a GOOP subscriber.  Its equal parts my fascination with Gwyneth and her seemingly perfect life and wanting to pretend I can afford Commes des Garcons pants and a night out at Groucho club.  Anyway, this week she reviewed/ promoted Jessica Alba's new company, The Honest Company.  This seems REALLY cool and I'm not sure if they supply to Canada and what the shipping cost might look like for that, but its something I could really get on board with.  I am contstantly worried about chemicals and using things that are bad for Charlie and our environment.  Their bundles seems really neat.  Check it out here: The Honest Company


CHICK ENTREPRENEURS UNITE!! (artist's rendering of a chick entrepreneur)
The other website I wanted to mention is SuperBetter.  No, not SupperBetter - this is not teaching you how to maximize that old can of Chickpeas in your pantry, I typed Super.  As in, wicked, awesome, grand, amazing, wonderful.  And the better is, "feel better".  Started by my other girlcrush, Jane McGonigal, author of Reality Is Broken: Why Games Make us Better and How they Can Change the World, SuperBetter is a website based on the game premise that you can control your general wellness and wellbeing, by engaging with her game platform and being concious of your efforts to self-heal and make changes to assist you in your mission to (lose weight, battle depression, etc.)  pretty much anything you've been struggling with can be overcome through this platform - its like a gaming life coach and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment